Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Team Shalvey




My uncle was diagnosed with Huntington's Disease about two years ago. He is the third person in our family do get this horrible disease, and because there is no cure for it, he will die. Huntington's has already claimed the life of my Aunt and my Grandfather, and it is completely possible that my cousins, aunts, uncles and myself could have the gene. We have put a team together to walk for the Huntington's Disease Society of America Walk-a-thon in June. I know that we are all college student and money is tight but if anyone is interested in donating to our team please let me know. There is a website that you can donate to directly, http://www.firstgiving.com/teamshalvey or if you would rather not use the website I will have the sheet made up so I can bring it to class. HDSA is the only national voluntary health agency that provides support and services to persons with Huntington's Disease and their families so this is very important to me and my family. If you can help at all please let me know! thank you all!





No comments: